I recorded episode 2 of the uncoating podcast.
I discuss experiments by Errington and Jensen that try to figure out whether or not bacteria have a cytoskeleton. Below you can find links to the papers that are discussed in the podcast.
- Original finding of bacterial cytoskeleton by Errington
- Review on cryo electron tomography of bacterial cells
- No helical filaments in cryo electron tomography experiments of Jensen
- Helical filaments found by Jensen with cryo electron tomography after tagging the ‘cytoskeleton’ protein
- Latest review from Errington about the status of the bacterial cytoskeleton and its role in cell wall synthesis